Most of us can recall a person in our lives who had an enormous positive impact. Someone who took the time to listen, to teach, to care. This meaningful relationship is called mentoring. And our Pals Mentoring Program offers kids and adults both an opportunity to create lasting friendships through mentoring.
Pals is a voluntary one-on-one mentoring program. Our program focuses on providing young people with support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement, positive role modeling, and activities. Volunteer mentors are 16 years of age or older. Youth in the program can be from K-8th grade. Both volunteers and youth go through a thorough interview and our mentors are all screened and trained. A mentor match is made according to activity interests, personality traits, individual likes and dislikes, and location.
- Help increase a young person’s self-esteem.
- Reduce a young person’s high risk behavior.
- Help increase a young person’s involvement in substance free activities in the community.
- Provide a learning experience for all involved.
- Provide volunteers a rewarding experience in which they can be a positive influence.
- Provide volunteers with friendship and fun.
We are always looking for mentors, if you are a teen please visit our Teen Mentoring page. To start your rewarding experience of participating in a young person’s life, complete the Volunteer Application
“Pals taught me the power of a smile and friendly face. I think the program affected my life in many ways. It’s such a great opportunity for young and old alike to have a positive influence on each other’s lives. I thank YouthZone for the opportunity to participate in this program and touch another’s life.”